Some time back, we told you that CoolStar ( twitter ) was in the process of developing a new jailbreak called Electra. We’re pleased to tell you that Electra Jailbreak has now been released and we’re going to tell you how to install it on your iPhone or iPad. This is great news for the iOS community who has been waiting for many months for this jailbreak .
We’ll talk more about Electra features later, for now read on for instructions on how to install Electra.
Before You Begin :
- Backup your iOS device up using iTunes and /or iCloud
- Make sure you have a fully charged battery
- Jailbreak without PC is also possible. Check Electra Jailbreak without PC below.
Download Electra Jailbreak :
How to Install Electra Jailbreak :
To install the Electra Jailbreak on your iOS device, follow these steps carefully.
- Enable Airplane Mode on your device; do this through Control Center
- Disable Siri on your device. Open Settings > Siri > Search. Tap each option for using Siri and tap Turn Off Siri
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad and check that Wi-Fi is disabled and Airplane mode is still on
- Download Cydia Impactor for Mac or Windows
- Download Electra jailbreak from the links below. There are two versions of the jailbreak, depending on which type of Apple ID you have. If you are using a paid developer account, chose the Dev Account Download button; if your Apple ID is a free one, click the Download button for the Non-Dev account
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- Make sure your device has been detected and then drag the Electra .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Enter your Apple ID And password and wait; Cydia Impactor will now sig the file and sideload it onto your device
- If you come up against a ( provision.cpp ) error, check out our guide on how to fix it.
- When Electra has installed open your iOS Settings app (only applies if you used a free Apple ID)
- Click on General and then Profile and Device Management
- Choose the profile that matches Electra or your Apple ID and tap Trust– you will now see the profile status change to read Delete App
- Close Settings and go to your home screen
- Tap the Electra Jailbreak icon and tap on Jailbreak
- There are now three stages to go through so be patient. Your device will respring during the installation, at least once. After the first respring, rerun Electra to continue with the jailbreak process, tapping Enable Jailbreak
- When your device resprings back to the home screen, tap the jailbreak button again – if the installation has been successful the app will you that your device has been jailbroken.
You should see Cydia on your home screen and can now use it for all your apps and tweaks. If you do not see Cydia, repeat these steps – in some cases, it has been known for it to take a few attempts for a successful installation. You can now disable Airplane mode, enable Siri again and start using your device as normal.
Electra Jailbreak without Computer :
Installing Electra jailbreak without using a computer is now possible using the TweakBox app. You can find a detailed download instructions and download link in the following page listed here.
Things to Note :
Electra is a semi-untethered jailbreak and this means that, whenever you restart your device, you must re-enable the jailbreak. If you don’t, Cydia will crash when you try to use it. To do this, open Electra and repeat from Step 5 above.
As far as the app certificates are concerned, if you are using a free Apple ID, expect the Electra certificate to expire after 7 days. You will need to repeat from Step 5 every time this happens. With a paid developer ID this will happen after 12 months.
Electra Alternative :
You don’t need to jailbreak to get some of the best modified apps and games. We have compiled a list of the best Cydia jailbreak alternatives, app installers that bring some of the best of Cydia without the need to jailbreak, including thousands of free games and apps. Download modified apps like YouTube++, Facebook++, Snapchat++, MovieBox and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Do you need more information about Cydia before you make your mind up ? We have a list of the most commonly asked questions and answers that you can read first:
Let us know how you get on with installing Electra Jailbreak and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.